Investment Management Services
Arlington Wealth Planning (AWP) is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA). We assist clients with the evaluation of their personal risk tolerance and investment time horizon to determine a suitable allocation of assets to hold in their investment portfolio. We are also a Fiduciary and perform holistic financial planning to assess the need for investments and their role in the client's financial plan.
AWP does not hold client assets. We work with custodian Pershing, LLC - an American clearing house since 1939, now a subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon in since 2003. Pershing has nearly $1.9 trillion in assets under administration. The Bank of New York Mellon has more than $35.5 trillion in custody assets.
Industry studies¹²³ estimate that professional financial advice can add between 1.5% and 4% to portfolio returns over the long term, depending on the time period and how returns are calculated
AWP is a fee-only RIA, which means that we charge the client an Assets Under Management (AUM) fee instead of making commissions from securities companies. We charge up to 1% per year to perform investment management services.
As part of our investment management service, not only will we determine the necessity of investments and the recommended allocation based on your risk tolerance and time horizon, we will work with our custodian to establish your accounts and transfer any existing assets, as necessary. We have access to thousands of investments within our trading platform and can set up numerous types of accounts, such as:
- Standard brokerage accounts
- Joint Tenant with Rights of Survivorship (JTWROS)
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Roth IRAs
- Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) IRAs
- 529 College Savings Plans
- Uniform Gift to Minors Act (UGMA) Accounts
- 401k Retirement Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Accounts
Once your account is established, we will perform the necessary trades to accomplish the desired allocation across security types. We will then monitor these accounts for opportunities to rebalance based on economic conditions or change investment vehicles due to style drift, changes in management approach, or economic factors.
For retirees, we will also manage assets using a bucketing strategy to help minimize risk of market fluctuations on the availability of income.
- Envestnet, Capital Sigma, The Advisor Advantage (PDF) estimates advisor value add at an average of 3% per year),
- 2019; Russell Investments 2019 Value of a Financial Advisor Update estimates value add at more than 4% per year); and
- Vanguard, Putting a Value on Your Value: Quantifying Vanguard Advisor's Alpha® 2019, (estimates lifetime value add at an average of 3%).